Spescare’s Orthopaedic Rehabilitation Programme offers an alternative care and recovery solution to a prolonged stay in hospital for orthopaedic traumas, surgeries or injuries.
Understanding the disabilities and complications that can arise if these are not properly treated, we put together a dedicated and intensive programme in order to reduce long-term healthcare costs and risk of further injury/disability.
After thorough assessment, this programme is individualised to you and addresses your overall health, moving you toward your maximum recovery potential and optimal independence.
The programme can be long- or short-term, depending on the circumstances, and is overseen by our team of experts in the orthopaedic field. You can also opt for inpatient care at one of our leading facilities if your recovery process is more demanding, where you will undergo specialised therapeutic interventions and receive adequate medical care so that you can return home as quickly as possible.
Over and above this, we also provide transitional care, caregiver training for your family members, and we address overall health so that your psychological, social and vocational functions are not inhibited by your injury.
Admission criteria for this programme include patients who:
- have undergone a hip, knee or other joint replacement
- have multiple orthopaedic traumas
- are over 18 years old
- are medically stabilised, with all surgical interventions completed
- can adhere to a comprehensive and intensive rehabilitation programme
The programme entails:
- Stabilising medical comorbidities
- Educating patients and family on correct and safe caregiving processes
- Mobility and independence retraining with self-care tasks
- Recommendations on home adaptations and assistive devices
- Addressing psychosocial needs of adjustment and coping
- Caregiver training, if required
Outcomes from the programme include:
- Increased muscle strength
- Improved mobility
- Enhanced joint flexibility
- Reduced swelling and pain
- Safety in ambulation
- Strengthened overall kinetic chain